Potatoes are the No. 1 vegetable crop in the United States and the fourth most consumed crop in the world, behind rice, wheat, and corn, according to the US. Department of Agriculture. Potatoes are very common to use, most people especially in Asia consume potatoes in a large number. they are a very good source of carbohydrates and many more. we use potatoes in various forms like boiled, baked and fried.
The nutrients found in 2/3 cup (100 grams) of boiled potatoes (cooked with the skin but without salt) are:-
- Calories: 87
- Water: 77%
- Protein: 1.9 grams
- Carbs: 20.1 grams
- Sugar: 0.9 grams
- Fiber: 1.8 grams
- Fat: 0.1 grams
- Improve gut health
- May benefit heart health due to potassium
- May boost eye health
- Good for skin health
- Fullness and weight management
Let’s make it
- Potato half kg
- Onion 2 medium
- Tomato 2 medium
- Dhi/Yogurt 1 cup or 100grams
- Oil 4 tablespoon
- Green chilies 4
- Coriander half cup chopped finely
- Red chili powder half tablespoon
- Salt half teaspoon or as per taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried coriander half teaspoon
- Zerra half teaspoon
- Dry pomegranate seeds half teaspoon grated
- Kalonji 1 pinch (optional)
- Ajwain 1 pinch(optional)
- Garam masala powder half teaspoon
- Wash potatoes well, and let them boil.
- Boil them until they become tender than discard the water from boiled potato.
- Peel them and cut them into big slices.
- Add oil into cooking pot, heat the oil, add boiled potatoes and fry them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add all the spices into potatoes and fry them as well.
- Take out all the potatoes from the oil.
- Add chopped onions into oil and fry them until they become light golden.
- Add tomatoes into onions and fry them till they become in proper paste form.
- Add yogurt and mix it well with the paste.
- Add fried potatoes into the masala and mix it well.
- Add half a cup of water.
- Let it cook for 4 to 5 minutes on a very low flame.
- Add chopped green chilies and fresh coriander.
- Off the flame and serve hot.