Channa pulao is one of the yummy recipes, filled with a combination of carbohydrates and protein. Which we can serve with raita and salad. And if we add a cold drink and Shami kabab with it, you will be in heaven. the spices which we use in this recipe give it a delicious taste.
- Total time of preparation and cooking: 1 hour 30 mints almost
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Course: Main Course
- 2 cup white chickpeas (safaidd chana or Kabuli chana or chole)
- 2 glass heaped basmati rice, 500 grams rice
- 2 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 2 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 0.5 black pepper powder
- Half teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 pinch saffron strands – optional,
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice or 1 teaspoon yogurt (curd)
- 5 tablespoon ghee or oil
- 4 cups water for cooking the rice(you can change according to the heaping time of rice and kind if changed)
- Few chopped mint leaves for garnish (or coriander leaves)
- Salt 2 tablespoon or as required
- Chicken cube,1 cube
- Garlic paste half tablespoon
- ginger paste half tablespoon
- 2 tej patta (Indian bay leaf)
- 6 or 7 cloves
- 1.5-inch cinnamon stick
- black pepper 10 to 12
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 black cardamom
- 4 small green cardamom
for the raita paste
- 2 tablespoon mint leaves, chopped
- 6 tablespoon coriander leaves, chopped (cilantro leaves)
- 2 green chili, chopped
- Tomato chopped 1 big size
- Onion 1 medium size
- Cucumber 1 medium
1: First of all wash chickpeas and sock them into the water for at least 5 hours, drain water and then boil them properly in new water till they become tender and cooked well.
2: Take rice to wash them properly with water, and sock them into water(Total socking time should be 30 mints).
3: Take a heavy bottom pan add ghee/oil into it and let it hot.
4:Add all whole spices into oil and fry them for 30 seconds.
5: Add onion into it and fry till it becomes light golden.
6: After onion add, tomato and fry them till it becomes tender.
7: Then add red chili, black pepper powder, salt, Haldi, Sabat sukha dhaniya,garam masala powder.fry all this masala for 3 to 5 mints.
8: Add boiled chickpeas into the masala and fry it for 3 to 5 mints. Add water gradually into it so masala didn’t get burnt.
9: Then add 4 glass water into masala so we could cook rice into it.
10: Add lemon juice, garlic ginger paste, chicken cube, green chilies, and saffron strands. and let it cook until boil.
11: Drain the rice and add it to the masala water when water starts boiling properly.
12: Slow the flame to medium and let the rice cook.
13: Once all the water has been absorbed. Take off the flame and gently fluff the rice.
14: Garnish with the chopped coriander. and serve hot.
1: Cut tomatoes, onion green chilies finely.
2: Add 1.5 cup yogurt into it.
3: Make a paste of coriander and mint, add it to the yogurt.
4: Add a half teaspoon of black pepper powder, half tablespoon jeera half teaspoon chat masala and a pinch of salt into it.
5: Mi it well and enjoy it with hot yummy rice.